There are always plenty of options when it comes to purchasing an auto insurance policy. However, nailing down the perfect coverage limits can be a daunting task. When you need home insurance coverage, Absolute Choice Insurance’s commitment to outstanding customer care and comprehensive insurance will take care of all your insurance needs. We’ll help you eliminate the guesswork with a few crucial questions.
What Auto Insurance Do You Need?
The first thing you need to determine when buying an auto insurance policy is how much coverage you need. To come up with the right amount, keep in mind the following points:
You Coverage Must Protect Your Car
Here’s a list of different types of protection for your car:
- Collision covers your car for fender-benders and the like
- Comprehensive is for when your car is stolen or is crushed by a tree
- Emergency roadside service (ERS) coverage is good towards towing and other roadside service fees
- Rental car coverage reimburses you for the cost of a rental car if your insured vehicle is unavailable due to an accident
- Loan/lease gap insurance helps bridge this divide between the actual value of your car and what you still owe
Your Coverage Must Protect You And Those Who Ride With You
When it comes to ensuring you and your passengers are protected, look into:
- Medical coverage helps pay for medical expenses if you or a passenger gets hurt in an accident
- Personal injury protection coverage does the same plus it covers work-loss wages and more
Your Coverage Must Make Sense To Your Financial Picture
Add these coverages to your policy to protect your wallet:
- Liability coverage is required in nearly every state and helps pay for damages you’re responsible for
- Bodily injury liability coverage (BI) can help pay accident-related medical costs for other drivers and passengers
- Property damage liability coverage can help pay for other drivers’ and property owners’ expenses once you’re found at fault in an accident
What is Your Ideal Deductible?
Because accidents do happen, choosing a deductible you can comfortably afford is key to tailoring your car insurance to you. However, it’s not easy to decide what the right deductibles for your policy are.
In general terms, the subject of deductibles is decided in two different ways: you can either choose to raise your deductibles to get a cheaper auto insurance premium or opt for decreasing them to reduce out-of-pocket expenses when the time comes to file a claim.
Here are a couple of arguments to help you decide:
Higher deductibles mean more out-of-pocket expenses–but high deductibles also mean lower rates for your monthly or biannual insurance payments.
When you have to select the perfect auto insurance for your car, call Absolute Choice Insurance and get the most affordable insurance options for you, your friends and your family.